全天最准大发快三官方UN chief condemns deadly Somalia attacks
UNITED NATIONS, July 25 (Xinhua) -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres strongly condemned the deadly terrorist attacks that took place in Mogadishu, Somalia, a UN spokesman said on Thursday.
Farhan Haq, deputy spokesman for Guterres, said the UN chief extended his deep condolences to the victims' families and loved ones. "He reiterated the full support and solidarity of the United Nations with the people and Federal Government of Somalia," Haq said.
An attack that took place in the offices of Mogadishu's mayor on Wednesday left seven government officials dead, with the mayor among those injured.
According to media reports, the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber, and militant group al-Shabab claimed responsibility.
The new UN special envoy to Somalia, James Swan, had met with the mayor at the offices earlier in the day to discuss progress and challenges in the capital and surrounding areas.
Earlier this month, al-Shabab reportedly claimed responsibility for an attack in the southern city of Kismayo, during which a car containing explosives was driven into a hotel, which was then stormed by gunmen. At least 26 people were killed.